WHAT WE OFFER
The Recovery and Recreational Center, also called the Drop In Center, is designed to address mental health and substance abuse issues and to help consumers establish healthy relationships with peers and family and to build positive social interaction and goal-setting skills. The Drop In Center is fully operated and staffed by individuals who are in recovery from a mental illness.
The center is open seven days a week, 365 days per year.
DROP IN CENTER SERVICES
- Recreation activities
- Employment assistance
- Transportation assistance
- Therapy/counseling referrals
- Independent living skills classes
- Extended educational assistance
- Community linkage and support
- Indoor/outdoor group activities
- Laundry room access and classes
DROP IN CENTER ACTIVITIES
- Computer lab with internet access
- Job search and homework help
- Mentoring and tutoring
- TV and DVD
- Field trips
- Other enrichment activities
ALL ARE WELCOME TO VISIT. Enrollment or admission to an HRDI program is not required prior to visiting the Drop in Center. Feel free to visit anytime. We are located at 1757 E 75th Street, Chicago, IL. 60648. For questions, comments or suggestions call (773) 363-1132.